Social Biz Concepts is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Social Biz Concepts may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1/1/2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including name and/or email address
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
- We will never sell your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
GDPR Privacy Notice:
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data, such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Social Biz Concepts will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services, except that we may also process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of services to such customers, in which case we are the processor of Personal Data and the customer is the controller. For more information about your data rights and processing activities where we are the controller, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about your data rights and processing activities where we are the processor, please contact the controller party in the first instance.
How We Process Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below. In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such Personal Data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection. From time to time, we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You and How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such Personal Data directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you:
We receive certain Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
– First name
– Last name
– Email address
We collect and process these categories of Personal Data as a matter of contractual necessity so that we can provide the Services to you in accordance with our Terms of Service. For example, we cannot open an account for you if you do not provide us with your first and last name. When we process Personal Data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such Personal Data.
We may also collect user content from you when you provide it to us. For example, the Services allow you to provide us with comments, posts, and user writing samples that you submit, and you may choose to provide Personal Data (such as your name) in such content. By sharing this user content in a public forum, you are choosing to disclose any Personal Data included in such content, and we do not have control over your decision. We process user content, including any Personal Data included in any such user content, on the basis of our legitimate business interest in providing you with the Services.
We also use the Personal Data we collect directly from you to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services based on our legitimate business interest in operating our Services in a way that benefits us and our users. For example, we use the Personal Data to:
– Create and manage user profiles
– Communicate with you about the Services
– Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
– Provide support and assistance for the Services
– Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
– Meet contract or legal obligations
– Respond to user inquiries
– Fulfill user requests
– Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
– Resolve disputes
– Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
– Enforce our Terms of Service
– Information from our advertising partners: We receive information about you from some of our service providers (e.g., Facebook,LinkedIn) who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, applications, products, services, advertisements or communications. We process this Personal Data based on our legitimate business interest in providing direct marketing about our products and services.
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
– IP address
– Device identifiers
– Web browser information
– Page view statistics
– Browsing history
– Usage information
– Cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. pixel tags, SDKs, etc.)
– Location information (e.g. IP address, zip code)
– Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
We process this Personal Data based on the following legitimate business interests:
– Network security
– Personalization of web content
– Evaluation of quality of writing to consider engagement
– Web analytics
– Provision of rewards
– Administrative matters
In collecting the Personal Data, we sometimes use “cookies” and other tracking technologies (e.g., pixel tags). Cookies allow us to recognize your browser or device and “remember” your browser during subsequent visits for purposes of functionality, preferences, and website performance, and they also tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. The Services use the following cookies:
– Cookies. Cookies are required for providing you features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Site. Disabling these cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but have an option for blocking or deleting cookies, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. You can usually access these options through the “Settings” or similar menu in your browser. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you block or delete cookies, some portions of the Services may not work properly. In some cases, cookies may enable us to aggregate certain information with other Personal Data we collect and hold about you.
Other uses of Personal Data: In addition to the uses set forth above, we may also process the Personal Data we collect on the basis of the following legitimate business interests.
– Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
– Marketing of our products and services
– Provision of customer support
– Compliance with legal obligations
– Completion of corporate transactions
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
– Analytics service providers
– Staff augmentation and contract personnel
– Hosting service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
– Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Services)
– Social media services (if you interact with them through your use of the Services)
– Third party business partners who you access through the Services
– Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
– Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
– Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
– Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share Personal Data with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets based on our legitimate business interest of being able to provide you with continued services. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the Services to you and improve the Services for all users generally. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity.
Personal Data of Children:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone in the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
– Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing us at email@example.com
Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
– Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
– Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
– Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
– Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
– Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
What if You Have Questions Regarding your Personal Data?
If you have any questions about this GDPR Privacy Notice or our data practices generally, please contact us using the following information:
Patty Desmarais at email@example.com